Friday, March 6, 2015

200 what?

Back on February 6 I mentioned something about wanting to swim a 100 butterfly at the Colonies Zone Swim Meet on the weekend of April 10-12. Since then, I've been trying to do at least 200 butterfly / one arm fly - not all at once mind you - at every swim practice. I only missed one - and that was the day the water temp was 88 degrees, this past Tuesday. Earlier this week, Margie mentioned that she really only wanted to spend one day at the meet, Saturday, April 11. That is also the only day Carol is swimming, as she has the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler - her 17th running - on Sunday, April 12. I liker that idea also, because I could maybe cheer at the CB10 on Sunday like last year, or run and / or ride myself. 


Anyway, I looked over the events of the day, and saw that the 100 Fly was not on Saturday. Nor was the 100 Individual Medley, the other event I like to do. Bummer. 

Saturday, April 11, 2015 - Session 2 - Events 5-30
Warm-ups start at 9:00 AM
Meet Session starts at 10:00 AM
#SexEvent
5Women100 YFree
6Men100 YFree
7Women200 YFly
8Men200 YFly
9Mixed400 YFree Relay
11Mixed200 YMedley Relay
13Women50 YBreast
14Men50 YBreast
15Women200 YIM
16Men200 YIM
17Women500 YFree
18Men500 YFree
19Women100 YBack
20Men100 YBack
21Women200 YBreast
22Men200 YBreast
23Women50 YFly
24Men50 YFly
25Women800 YFree Relay
26Men800 YFree Relay
27Women400 YMedley Relay
28Men400 YMedley Relay
29Women200 YFree Relay
30Men200 YFree Relay

So, what do you think I did? Well, I took a deep breath, and entered the 200 fly and the 200 IM in addition to the 50 fly. I've never swam a 200 fly in a meet. I think I did the 200 IM once in a high school meet. Heck, I've only ever swam a 100 fly in a meet once. That same high school meet, about 35 years ago! Earlier this week I did a total of 300 fly / one arm fly, though it was broken up. Last Saturday I did a total of 600 fly / one arm fly. I tend to do this towards the end of practice, too, after I'm good and warmed up. Or tired. 

I have no idea how the events on Saturday, April 11 will go. But as long as I finish them both successfully - with out being disqualified (DQ'd) that is all that matters. Either way the 200 fly will be a PR! I guess the 200 IM could be my new PR for that, too. I have no clue what my time was 35 years ago...

Happy and Healthy Training! 



No comments: