This weekend I caught up on a few things. First I *finally* took down the Christmas tree and decorations. Then yesterday afternoon I realized I still had one mini tree up. This is one of those fiber optic ones – it used to be my mom’s and I always loved it. However when I packed her stuff up I think I threw the power cord out. I had one that I used but it never really worked right so I did not use it much. Anyway, I need to put that away tonight.
Last week I was *supposed* to cut out 6 t-shirts a night for my T-Shirt Quilt. I did well for the first two nights then other things got in the way. On Saturday I got the remaining 24 cut. I also got other little useful ‘parts’ to use in the quilted pillow shams I hope to make after.
Saturday afternoon after taking down (almost) all of the holiday decorations I finally set out on my long run. I was aiming for 8 miles and did a combination of neighborhood streets and park trails. It was mostly the neighborhood streets though. I ran 4 miles out and turned around a came back. On my way back I deviated a little to avoid some of the hills I had hit on the way out and took the route that brought me through the school grounds where I made up a half mile on the track…nice and flat. From there I just had a mile left. All in all I had maybe a total of 2 miles of trail running. On the roads there were little bits of ice in places, but thankfully a lot of the snow and ice has cleared up. The trail was packed pretty solid though and had a few more icy spots. All in all it was a good run of 8.1 miles! Only 9 weeks and 6 days till the Shamrock Half Marathon!
Sunday morning I hit the water for my third swim of the New Year. It was good but tough! The main set was 5 x (100 kick, 100 pull, 100 swim). Total distance for me was 2,500 meters. I was pretty happy – especially at the end when I did NOT have to walk to the stairs to get out of the water. BONUS! After swim practice I lifted weights again. My legs were tired and I had a bit harder time with those machines. However, my planks are getting better - I'm holding them longer plus I'm doing the side planks now, too.
I opted not to ride on Sunday afternoon on the trainer. (I will get on the bike this week though.) I have book club tomorrow night and I had a book to finish! (And since the book is MY choice this time I figured I needed to finish it!) I read till about 10:15 last night but got it done. It was a very good book, “The Lovely Bones” also coming to the big screen this weekend. The book did not end quite the way I hoped but all in all I really liked it.
Next weekend – on Sunday – I am supposed to ride with Carol. But the 10-day weather forecast is calling for SNOW on Sunday. One of these days I’ll get to ride in my Evil Knievel jacket! I might just have to run in it at this rate!!
Happy Running!
2 comments:
My mom starting making a quilt out of all my old t-shirts... but that was 5 years ago. And the quilt STILL isn't done. And every time I go home, I see it sitting there half-done and I think of how I could be WEARING those t-shirts right now. Long story short, you better stick with your timeline! :)
Oh no! Five years ago? Well, I just put a picture of my proposed t-shirt quilt on my blog. I will update things on here, too, as I go along!
Post a Comment