Well, I have not completely decided but I think I will NOT do the 5K this Sunday. I can for sure meet a group and run 5 miles on Sunday morning, which is the amount on my training schedule. Or I can sleep in, go to swim practice, and drive to Fredericksburg for the 5K and do a 2 mile before/after.
As much as I wanted to have a race a month I guess I don't really need to do that. Besides, I might do two races in May - that can surely make up for it! Regardless, I will be doing the 5K in February! That one will be 5 weeks before the Shamrock Half. Then I guess 3 weeks after the half is the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. I think my run training is in good shape.
However...I really need to get on the bike!! One week from today is the start of the 6-week spin class I'll be doing that will be led by Margie Shapiro of =PR=. I must say...I am a little nervous about it. I guess I feel like I will be way out of my league. Oh well, if I come out of it in better shape on the bike that's all that matters. Hopefully I will get a spin in this week and maybe I can fit an hour in on the bike on Saturday morning - before I go to Elvis is in the Building at the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery!
The Columbia Triathlon - which is to be my "A" race this Spring, is very hilly. Two years ago I prepared for this by one day a week bringing my bike to work and doing hill repeats during lunch time. That really helped me that year. I might just do that again this year. We'll see... If I don't get out on that bike though I might have to reclassify that race!!
No comments:
Post a Comment