Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I've Joined the Race...

I've joined the Komen Maryland Race for the Cure, that is. On Sunday, October 18th I am walking with my cousins, my aunt, and other family members, along with about 30,000 others, in the 2009 Komen Maryland Race for the Cure held in Hunt Valley, Maryland. My aunt is a 3+ year survivor!!



Click here to visit my personal web page and help me if my efforts to support Susam G. Komen - Maryland Affiliate.

Your participation will help support the Komen promise of saving lives and ending breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality for all and energizing science to find the cures.

Because early detection is the best protection for breast cancer, Komen Maryland sponsors grants that increase the number of women who have annual mammograms and clinical breast exam screenings. Komen grants also target the entire range of breast health services from transportation to appointments and financial support to clinical trials and national research to find a cure.

All you need to do is follow the link above to my personal webpage to make a donation or to register as a race participant! It's that easy!

For more information visit
www.komenmd.org.

2 comments:

harburgm said...

Nice Blog! I work with the Nation's Triahlon and your blog was one of the first links that came up with I googled!

If you have not already, be sure to join the Nation's Tri Facebook page. We are trying to be more interactive with all our participants as well as offer contests throughout the year! Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/TheNationsTriathlon?ref=ts

harburgm said...

I forgot to mention....

Fan the Nation's Page by October 3 at midnight, and enter a raffle for a free entry to the 2010 Nation's Triathlon! This is a $185 value. The winner will be announced and notified on October 5th.
http://www.facebook.com/TheNationsTriathlon?ref=ts