Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not catching up...

I say not catching up because I have not done much of anything, workout wise since my last post. I found out why my sinus infection has not gone away since January...my right maxillary sinus is completely clogged. Completely. Joy! But a nice doctor is going to take care of it on October 8th. That is in two weeks and two days. Yikes! However, this is the same doctor that took care of my son's broken nose about a year and a half ago. We really liked him and Patrick came through just fine. So I think I trust him!

Meanwhile, the Army Ten Miler is getting closer. And I have not run. Not much anyway. I am heading out to run very soon. I hope I can go three miles. My schedule says two miles, so maybe that is all I will do. I am still looking at a 5K PR schedule, but with the impending sinus surgery I am not too worried about trying to meet this goal at the Virginia Run Turkey Trot. I do plan to run it though. I will just focus on another race after that. And so on. I also decided that since I have not done much swimming I am going to just hold off on that till after the sinus surgery. Once I'm given the OK to workout I will get back into the swim of things.

On a positive note I rode 42 miles with Carol and Pam and a couple other folks (Nancy and Roland) this past Sunday. It was a perfect day for a ride! And even though I had not ridden since my last ride (with Carol and Marlene) my legs felt pretty good afterwards. I even 'ran' for 10 minutes right afterwards as I've decided after every long ride I am going to run - even if just for a little bit. Like 10 minutes. Got to get my legs used to that feeling, you know? Especially since I'm doing Sprints and Olys next season!

Cheers!!

No comments: