Week 1 of my 12 week 5K training program started on Monday...but my first run was Tuesday - last night. I only had a 2 mile run at an 11:05 pace. I wore my regular heart rate monitor as opposed to my old Garmin so I do not know the exact distance or pace. But I think I ran about 2.2 miles in 24 minutes...so, I guess that is close enough... It felt good to run again after about two weeks. Funny, my legs felt it first this this morning, ever so slightly. I am so excited for the Fall weather though - perfect running weather! Nothing on schedule tonight, but I may do an easy spin on the bike or a little swim AND bike if I don't feel too lazy. I should do something since I do have one more tri in 11 days. Tomorrow night is speed work at the track: warm up; 3x800 @ 4:14 with 400 jogs after each; warm down. I hope I can do those 800 intervals! Sunday is a long run of 6 miles at 11:05. I should be able to handle that.
This past weekend I went on a bike ride with Carol and Marlene, a couple of Team Z peeps. Carol (who was also one of my IM riding buddies) and I were going 42 and Marlene was going 30. Both were also doing the Annapolis 10 Miler the next day! Marlene was to ride with us for the first 12 miles then turn off and all went well... Then Carol and I got to a T in the road and realized that the left turn was not our turn... So we backed tracked to find our turn, which was back about 4 miles - just before Marlene had turned off! (oops!) So we ended up riding an extra 8 miles for 50 instead of 42. We did what is titled the "covered bridges ride" and we did ride through three covered bridges! It was a beautiful ride. However, my legs were feeling it over the last 15 or so. Hard to imagine I had just gone over 100 miles a month before. After the ride I went home and was a lazy bum for the rest of the day. It felt great!
Sunday morning I got up and went swimming outside with my old Masters group, the JCCNV. They typically swim indoors but on Sundays in the Summer they swim outdoors at the Annandale Swim & Tennis Club. I am a member of the club, so I am allowed to join in the fun. It is a treat to swim outside, that is for sure!
Next up will be the Nations Tri on September 13th. Conveniently, my long run for the same day is 6 miles at 11:05...I'll be lucky to do that pace after the swim and the bike, but we'll see. It depends on the weather, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment