Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Countdown is On!

The countdown is on for the 4.4 Mile Great Chesapeake Bay Swim! Well, it has actually been on since I officially signed up, but what I mean is that today I received a "Timelines and Logistics Update" email from the race director. Yikes! 

Not yikes, really, but it made it more real! As you can see by my countdown timer on the right the event is less than two months away. Only 52 days and some hours to be exact. But now I know the timing of things. I was curious as to whether or not it would be an earlier or later start time as I'd heard that this depended up on current or high tide. Or something! 


According to the details on the event website, "The Race Director reserves the right to vary the start time to account for deviations from the predicted tide and current conditions, as indicated by NOAA. Therefore, a START WINDOW OF BETWEEN  __ A.M. AND __ A.M. has been established to allow maximum flexibility." But now I have a general time line to work with. Yay! 

In other news, my son and I finally got the rest of the shed built! Here he is putting finishing touches on the roof:
Almost done!

The last thing was to get the doors stabilized and mounted. That was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. All in all the shed looks pretty good! Hopefully this one will hold up for 30 years, just like the one before it!

Done!

The only thing we did not do on Sunday after we were done hanging the doors was to attach the base of the shed to the foundation. We said, "We will do that next weekend." Well...on Monday I got home from work, which had been a little bit of a windy day, to find that the shed had been pushed back about a foot or two to the fence! My son works late so I had to manipulate the shed back into place then drill some holes and screw the base of the frame to the foundation. It actually was not too difficult! I checked this morning after our crazy windy and wintry weather yesterday / last night and the shed was still in place. Success! 

So that means that this weekend we will take everything out of the garage (lawn mower, leaf blower, lawn tools, etc.) and move it all back into the new shed. I'm so excited! This means I'll be able to move about the garage again. 

Happy and Healthy Training!


No comments: