Then after I was starving for the rest of the day...
Sunday morning started with what was supposed to be a 10 mile run. It was like soup out! I ran (and walked) 3.5 from Wakefield Park to Ravensworth and back. Then met up with a couple of the Sunday runners to run to the Lake Accotink marina and back. I ended up with 8.44 miles. the second portion of my run was on the trail so I'm pretty happy with that. Plus, as Imentioned, it was like running in soup it was so humid out! Blech! I followed the run with a nice swim outdoors at Annandale Swim and Tennis.
Now onto the fun!
Yes, I had a party for my dog!
Riley's mom Izzy came all the way down from Acme, Pennsylvania for the party, too! That is, my cousin Lynn (Izzy's owner) drove with her two kids and a friend to keep her company - leaving at 6:30 in the morning to have time to visit before hand.
Riley and Izzy played for about 3 hours before the other dogs and humans showed up. It was so cute!
The party was to start at 2 PM and the dogs were all on time!
I had their owners to thank for that.
Including Riley, there were six dogs:
Izzy, Ally, Zack, Ziggy, and Chessie!
I had their owners to thank for that.
Including Riley, there were six dogs:
Izzy, Ally, Zack, Ziggy, and Chessie!
Ziggy and Ally LOVED the pool!
Riley got in just once - no pictures of that!
Riley got in just once - no pictures of that!
I had 'bobbing for tennis balls' but the dogs weren't too interested in that.
There was mostly a lot of running and chasing around. But it was so much fun!
The most dogs we got in one picture was 5:
Zack's human brought Frosty Paws treats for all the dogs - that was hilariuos! Both Ally and Riley snuck off with theirs. The others just dug in!
Then the happy puppy girl gave out puppy gift bags to her dog friends, courtesy of my good friend, Maria!



No comments:
Post a Comment