So what’s in store for the weekend? First there is a 70-mile bike ride on Saturday. The funny part is we are driving about 75 miles to get to the start location so that we can have flat and windy conditions – duplicating what we’ll have on race day. It will be worth it! And I think we head back there in a couple of weeks to do that again. Sunday is a 10-mile run. This will be my longest run in a while. I do
Fun stuff: Sunday afternoon I am having a puppy birthday party! Riley is almost one year old and we are having a few dog friends over to have a little fun. I am going to have fun treats for the dogs (courtesy of my friend, Tink) and of course some treats for the human as well. I will also get a doggie cake. I wanted to bake one, but I just don't think there's time! I’m trying to think about how I can make a couple obstacles for the dogs to play on. I have a cat tunnel, but I think all the dogs are too large for this! I plan to get a kiddie pool for them to play in! And maybe I can have a 'bobbing for tennis balls' game!
Next week will be a week of HUGE changes. On Thursday I’m heading out in a caravan with my kids to get them off to school. Sad face here...but I am truly excited for them both! And seeing as I’m training for Ironman x2 (11/20/11 and 7/22/12) I have plenty to keep me occupied! At least I still have my puppy to entertain me as well as the cats.
Happy and Healthy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment