Friday, August 1, 2008

The next step...

Yesterday I received an e-mail with instructions for registering for IMUSA 2009. I just got finished filling out the online sign up form. Wow!! I am very excited. One more step closer. Now I wait for a confirmation e-mail telling me I am 'in'. *fingers crossed*

The past few weeks have been a little chaotic with my mini-vacation and my dad's party preparations. Next week I should be back on track and following the training plan for my next race on September 6th... And the best part is my son is doing his first sprint on Sunday the 7th! I'm so excited for him. He is a much better runner than I am - the little brat. Well he is not really little anymore, either. So each leg of the race will get easier for him as he goes - for me it gets harder. But that is OK because I am out there doing it and I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I cross the finish line!

Now we are one day away from my dad's big 90th birthday party. I did some of the shopping last night. Tonight we are going to my friends' house who are hosting the party to do some set up. I've got a cake ready for Saturday - a friend is picking that up on her way to the party; balloons are also ready for Saturday - my kids will get those. Today I'm borrowing tables from work and possibly chairs as well. I also borrowed two tents from Team Z (thanks, Ed!) which will really help keep the sun off. Or the rain if that is the case. Right now the weather report does not look great, but it will be OK:
Chance of thunder with light rain showers.
High 86F, humidity 50%.
Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Air Quality: NA,
UV Index: 8

My friends also have a tent, too, so with any luck no one will get too wet.

No comments: