Yesterday afternoon I received my second e-mail from NA Sports notifying me that my entry had been added to the database. "Your entry has been received and entered in our database for: FORD IRONMAN USA LAKE PLACID." I. Am. In. Wow!!!! I'm kind of in shock because now my quest to become and Ironman is a reality! But I'm also really motivated and excited. I am looking forward to preparing for this personal challenge of mine. I think by the time the actual training for this race starts I will have a great base already, due to what is already on my race calendar. I only have to stay healthy and try to eat better and get more sleep. Always two of my goals. Luckly (not to jinx myself [and I won't]) I am always generally pretty healthy!
So...today is my dad's big 90th birthday party. Last night we went to my friends' house who are hosting the party for us to do a little set up and deliver some items. It was a fun night, as always. My friend's mom even came into town for this so it was great to catch up with her. These folks really know how to host a party and have already done so much for us, outside of loaning us their house! I could not have done this without them. Of course, now I am worried about the weather and whether everyone traveling from out of town will arrive safely and timely and not get stuck in the traffic that always seems to plague us in the DC area... But regardless is should be a GREAT day!
No comments:
Post a Comment