Friday night we attended a Watch Party at our box and got to see two coaches and two other members go through the 20-minute workout. It was inspiring!
Workout 16.1
(You can view the live announcement, here!)This was the Rx workout:
20-min. AMRAP:
25-ft. overhead lunge
8 burpees
25-ft. overhead lunge
8 chest-to-bar pull-ups
M 95 lb. W 65 lb.
This scaled workout was as follows:
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 20 minutes of:
25-ft. front rack walking lunge
8 burpees
25-ft. front rack walking lunge
8 jumping chin-over-bar pull-ups
Men lunge 45 lb.
Women lunge 35 lb.
Needless to say, it was fun! One of the coaches, D (that I kept calling Ali), was my judge / counter. She helped keep me focused! I'd only done jumping pull-ups one other time - months ago at a Saturday WOD. I generally do ring rows. And I'd never done walking lunges before, let alone with a weight!
In the end my score was 192. This was determined by the number of rounds, plus any additional that I got through. The walking lunges were 1 point for 5 feet, and 1 point for each burpee or pull-up. One complete round was worth 26 points. So I made it through 7 full rounds, plus 1 set of walking lunges and 5 burpees.
Somehow in all of this I am ranked. I'm not sure I fully understand the rankings. Yet. But currently for Masters Women 50-54 I am ranked 2,035 (tied) out of 4,145 of in the world and 191 (tied) of 390 in the Mid-Atlantic Region!
Tonight at 5:00 Pacific Time Workout 16.2 will be announced! I look forward to finding out what I get to do this Saturday. And tomorrow night my box will have another watch party, and I plan to attend that again as well!
2 comments:
Impressive!
Thanks, Kim!! :)
Post a Comment