Thursday, March 24, 2016

16.4 - check

Last weekend I successfully completed Open Workout 16.4 So that means four Open Workouts down and just one to go! I am a little sad it will be ending after this weekend. Friday night I attended the Watch Party, as usual. I could tell by the coaches and other participants faces that this was a tough one! You can check out the Team Rabbit recap rap, here!

Here's the workout - Rx and scaled!



Workout 16.4

Rx
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 13 minutes of:
55 deadlifts
55 wall-ball shots
55-calorie row
55 handstand push-ups
Men deadlift 225 lb. and throw 20-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
Women deadlift 155 lb. and throw 14-lb. ball to 9-ft. target

Scaled
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 13 minutes of:
55 deadlifts
55 wall-ball shots
55-calorie row
55 hand release push-ups
Men deadlift 135 lb. and throw 20-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
Women deadlift 95 lb. and throw 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target


Well, I will start by stating that I did not get past the 55-calorie row! And I will say I went into the workout sick. I'd seen my doctor on Wednesday and had a sinus infection and bronchitis and was taking medication for both. Of course, I did not want to record a zero, so I just went and did the best I could. And that was getting as far as a 33-calorie row! I'll take it! My score was 143: 55+55+33

The deadlifts, which I love, were great. I did them in five sets of 11. Moving on to the wall balls, my nemesis, I was secretly (ok, not so secretly) happy that we were using the 10 pound ball, as opposed to the 14 pounder I always use. As I went along I got into a rhythm, involving letting the ball drop to the floor and bounce after every shot, then I'd catch it and go into a squat and start again. I did have to repeat several for either being too low (below the 9 foot line) or just not hitting the wall, but all in all, I was quite happy with how they went. Next up, the row! I don't hate the row, but being vertically challenged is a disadvantage. Also, the rowing was hardest on my breathing. Anyway, I did better than I expected, just by getting TO the row!

Now I cannot wait to find out what the fifth and final Open Workout of 2016 will bring! And already am looking forward to the 2017 Open!

No comments: