Thursday, March 17, 2016

16.3 - check

Today is reveal day for Open Workout 16.4! So it must be time to talk about 16.3! Of course, I started off by attending the watch party at the box again. So much fun and inspiring! The group did the workout as before: Ali and D and the two Dans. Cheering for the Dans was easy: Go Dan!

You can read Team Rabbit's take on the workout, here! And here's the breakdown of the Rx and scaled options:



Workout 16.3

Rx
As many rounds/reps as possible in 7 minutes of:

10 power snatch 75 / 55 lb.
3 bar muscle ups

Scaled
As many rounds/reps as possible in 7 minutes of:

10 power snatch 45 / 35 lb.
5 jumping chest to bar (C2B) pull ups

Now, I cannot do one pull up with out some kind of assistance. That is a band. Now, I can do jumping pull ups, and did them in an earlier Open workout. However, I'd never tried a jumping C2B before! Friday night I did attempt one in street clothes. No dice! However, I was able to get a few practice ones done before I got going, and was able to successfully get through some rounds! Woohoo!

My Jumping C2B Platform!
My 35 lb. Barbell for the Power Snatch!

To do the jumping pullups or C2B you stand on a platform that allows your head to be 6 inches below the bar. You bend your knees to start so your arms are straight. Once you jump, your chest has to touch the bar to count - below your collar bone / clavicle. Sadly, I missed a few and had to redo them! But in the end, I made it through almost five rounds - which was many more than I thought I would before I started. So that is a win! 

All in all it was a fun workout! Now, I am anxiously waiting to find out what Open Workout 16.4 will bring!

No comments: