And one week closer to IM USA! Well, now we are less than two weeks away. So far I'm still pretty calm. People ask me if I am ready...and I say Yes, I am ready as I am going to get! But really, yes, I am ready for whatever the day brings.
So, for my weekend adventures...most of the weekend went according to the plan I had in place:
Friday night cookout - check
Saturday morning bike - changed to the run because we got home too late Friday night and I needed more sleep
Saturday afternoon party - check
Saturday late afternoon swim - no go - the party ran too late
Sunday morning bike - check
Sunday aftenroon lunch with friend - check
It was a great weekend! It was good to see all of my family that was in town for the party on Friday and Saturday night. Some folks I have not seen in quite a few years and it brought tears to my eyes (this would be my god child who is all grown up now!)
And the countdown to IM USA continues...I've been reading the athlete's guide and am anxioulsy awaiting my race number! I hope to find that out sometime this week. Then a week from Thursday we leave for Lake Placid!! However, tonight I will gather with other first time Team Z Ironman peeps for a QA/what to expect session!
1 comment:
Oooo it's officially crunch time! Be careful with your tapering, I've read THREE dehydration stories this week!
Post a Comment