Today was the last long swim practice at least. I will have a long swim in less than two weeks now! YIKES! Of course, that will be part of even bigger things...you know, that Ironman thing!
Today's long swim was different than the other ones that I've gone to in the past few weeks. This morning we did a straight 90-minute swim. (I don't know if we did one already though, as I missed the first two long swims.) Wow...my back was aching a bit after, but that is normal for me. I did stop periodically to get a drink from my bottle or let a lane mate pass me. All in all it was a good practice. I felt good afterwards. Yay!
Last night Coach Ed had a meeting for new Ironman people about 'what to expect' during race weekend. It was pretty informatinve. There were about a dozen or so people there. Ed talked about having a race plan - and back-up plans - for all aspects of the race: mental preparation, nutrition, clothing, etc. I've got a couple of sample plans and will need to work on my own this weekend. Or sooner! He talked about the Team Z plans for the weekend as well. He said he would provide more information on that soon.
It is starting to feel very real now...but while I'm nervous about it I think it is good nervous and I'm not freaking out. Yet. :) But it is all good - I have waited almost a whole year for the day to come...which is now in 11 days!!
1 comment:
Its amazing.. I'm not the least bit nervous yet.
Calm before the storm though. Ask me again Friday or Saturday :)
Post a Comment