No worries, though. IM Switzerland will always be 14 days ahead, right Es? :)
This weekend, tomorrow for me, is the first team triathlon weekend of the season - the Rumpass in Bumpass. I will be racing Saturday in the International event: 1.5K swim; 24 mile bike; 10K run. I was feeling a bit nervous, but then remembered last weekend I covered 12 miles on foot (in the rain) and 73 miles on the bike. I think I can handle this. I think it is first-race-of-the-season jitters. Now all I have to worry about is how cold the water temperature in the lake will *really* be (yesterday at 4PM it was 62 degrees) and swimming in my new full sleeved wetsuit. But I did try the wetsuit in the pool yesterday morning - I swam a 500 warmup in it and it seemed ok.
This weekend, tomorrow for me, is the first team triathlon weekend of the season - the Rumpass in Bumpass. I will be racing Saturday in the International event: 1.5K swim; 24 mile bike; 10K run. I was feeling a bit nervous, but then remembered last weekend I covered 12 miles on foot (in the rain) and 73 miles on the bike. I think I can handle this. I think it is first-race-of-the-season jitters. Now all I have to worry about is how cold the water temperature in the lake will *really* be (yesterday at 4PM it was 62 degrees) and swimming in my new full sleeved wetsuit. But I did try the wetsuit in the pool yesterday morning - I swam a 500 warmup in it and it seemed ok.
I'm very excited about the *nice* weather we are supposed to have both Saturday and Sunday. I think we are overdue. Hmm...I hope I did not just jinx us!
First things first though. Tonight is a 'happy hour' at a multi-class reunion for my high school. They have these get togethers a couple/few times a year but I have not been to one in ages. Like 8 or 9 years. However I did go to my 20 year reunion about 6 or 7 years ago. Anyway, I plan to stop by for a couple hours. Can't stay out too late now - I have to go to the Rumpass in the morning!

4 comments:
Like I need the reminder!
Best of luck in the OLY - I'll see you on the bike course!
... thats it. take the stupid countdown off!!! I CANT TAKE IT!
Es was kind enough to send me an email to remind me that ironman is officially 99 days away. :)
Just remember that IMS is 14 days before IMUSA...does that help? :)
hope it went well! thanks for visiting my l'il old blog!
Post a Comment