That is, I have nothing significant to report...other than my new cassette! And I am very excited about trying it out on the hills this weekend. The team is going on a 70 mile ride in Boyce, Virginia - it is called the apple blossom ride. Guess that means we will see apple blossoms? Anyway, last night I went for a mini ride in my parking lot at home and it certainly FELT different. Wow, 70 miles will be my longest ride. Ever. And only 42 more miles equals the distance of an IM ride. When you look at it that way 112 miles does not seem *quite* so bad!
Before the Sunday ride there is a 13 mile run scheduled for Saturday. The team is running out of Pierce Mill, Washington, DC. The location sheet says this is usually a ride location but it would be something different for me, so maybe I'll go there. Here is what the sheets says: "This ride is in Rock Creek Park. Mostly flat, winding trail/light traffic roads through nice park land. Many of the roads are closed to traffic on the weekends." That could be nice and I would not have to run 13 miles alone. :)
Other than that, all I have to say is TGIF! Of course, I might not say that next week - as in 8 days I will be heading to Bumpass, Virginia for my first triathlon on the season - the "Rumpass in Bumpass"! We will be swimming on the *warm* side of Lake Anna. I will be trying out my *new* full wetsuit. I forgot - that also arrived! I do plan to try it in the pool next week, but it felt pretty good on last night. It certainly went on easier than my sleeveless wetsuit does. Of course, losing 5-10 would help that problem, I'm sure.
1 comment:
70 miles would beat my longest ride by about 50 miles! haha. I need to catch up.
I have a sleeveless wetsuit. The first time I wore it, I nearly died of heat stroke. I can't imagine what it would feel like to wear a full one.
Post a Comment