In September I'm signed up for the Rock N Roll Philly with Lisa, and we plan to take in a Phillies game (aka another stadium for me) the night before. As the Phillies are in the NL East with the Nats I'll be sure to wear my Nats cap that night! I raced in Pennsylvania before at the Hershey Half with my cousin, her friend, and Lisa a few years ago. That was a fun race. But I've always wanted to run in Philly, so this year it is happening! Going to the ball game is just an added bonus! We plan to just make the race a fun run and enjoy the sights and sounds around us. And of course, take a selfie after with the Rocky statue. Looking forward to running up those steps after the race!
October brings the Green Mountain Half in Vermont (aka another state on my list). I've been to Vermont just once before on a ski trip to Killington over 30 years ago. Despite the name of the race, it is not supposed to be very hilly. I should be trained for it after the race in Philly. I'm doing this race with STUR, her brother, and his friend! She's raced in Vermont several times, but never in the Fall. This should be fun!
Not quite sure what November will bring, but I've got a couple of ideas:
- One from my bucket list - and it would mean another state - is the Rock N Roll Las Vegas Half. The race starts in the afternoon and I'd finish in the dark. And who wouldn't want to run down the Las Vegas Strip? It's possible my sons would go on this little outing with me for a fun long weekend getaway.
- The other option is not really a bucket list race, as I've raced another distance at the overall 'event', but is the Richmond Half. I raced the 8K there in 2011 as my final tune-up run before Ironman Arizona and loved it. STUR was there doing the full! Not sure I plan to ever do the full (but never say never) but knew I would want to go back and do the half. Richmond is so close, and I love heading down there for an event!
So RNR Philly and the Green Mountain Half are definite. Stay tuned for November!
Happy and Healthy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment