But welcome to September!
I completely missed preparing a blog post in August, but I did get two races in. Both were sort of last minute, and one got me Massachusetts checked of the 'states I've raced' list!
First, and totally last minute and rogue, was the Central Mass Striders 52-Week 5k Series! I was going up to central MA for a wedding on Friday, August 14 - the wedding was that night and I knew I was only staying for one night. Once that was set I searched online for any 5k-10k races within an hour drive the next day. The race fee was only $5 for non-members and I could sign up race morning. The start location was only a 30 minute drive from where I was staying in Sturbridge. No prizes or bibs, but there are official results, so it counts! It was nice to check another state off! All the folks I met at registration before and after the race were so nice! We even got a new Team Rabbit follower!
Second, and somewhat last minute, was the South Lakes 10K in Reston, Virginia, which I also did that last year. The race went well - for the first four miles. As usual, I was aiming to negative split and to have descending mile splits. Turns out I took mile 3 way too fast! And mile 4 was even faster. By mile 5, I needed a walk break...or two. But on mile 6, I managed to dig a little deep and run in to the finish. All in all it was a good race and the post race area is always nice at the high school.
I have one race on the calendar for September: The Reston Olympic Triathlon! I've done this race twice before and basically know what to expect. However, the bike course has changed since then! It is still a mostly three loop course, but one section of the main loop has changed. Glad to know this ahead of time! Two Saturdays ago I biked two full loops of the course. This was good as I now know which section of the road is a little rough! But nothing like Stagecoach Road from Ironman Wisconsin!
Happy and Healthy Training!
2 comments:
welcome back!
Thanks, Kim!!
Post a Comment