Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Uking Around!

Recently I took up playing the ukulele! Back over the Rock Hall weekend, Margie the Beast introduced STUR and I to the ukulele. She brought it for the weekend, and on the return from Sunday's event, she entertained us in the car. It was so cool!  


Then, over the Independence Day weekend, I got some hands on time when Mike and the Beast, STUR, BRab, CBun, and I all visited Stephanie and uked around!

Last week I started group ukulele lessons with most of the above peeps. It was so much fun! Last weekend CBun made it out to a local uke festival! Maybe I'll be able to attend that next year? 

Regardless, I am looking forward to more 'uking' around!

Outside of that, I'm just getting into training for my Fall "A" triathlon race - the Reston Oly. I'm going to try to incorporate some CFE - or CrossFit Endurance - run training. I recently read the book, the Unbreakable Runner, and it was so interesting! I'll be using the 10k training plan included in the book as a guide. We will see how it goes! Tomorrow I plan to attempt my first CFE workout! There'll be some running related drills, then a speed workout.

Hopefully later this summer I will be able to get some actual CFE-related run technique coaching...

Stay tuned! 

Happy and Healthy Training!

No comments: