Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The t-shirt quilt...

OK, so over the weekend I finished cutting apart all of the 36 t-shirts I had decided on for my t-shirt quilt. Of all the shirts I had there were 45 that were 'usable' for the quilt. Even more for the quilt pillows. Here are pictures of the t-shirts prior to any cutting:

These are the 45 that I had to choose from:



And these are the 36 I picked for the quilt:



So...I think my next step is to dig out the ironing board to iron them out so I can then cut them down even further so I can attach the fusible interfacing...also done with the iron. Boy, my iron is going to get a work out!

I'm sure this will be a long process but it should be fun, once I get the hang of it. I'm sure the hardest part will be the bindings and the borders. But at least the sewing is a straight line. And speaking of sewing - I think I need to find my sewing machine!


4 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Looks like a really great project!

Lindsay said...

Whoa the Jim McDonald swim shirt is.. well, ugly. lol

Awesome project! Mine keep stacking up in the closet.

IronGirl2011 said...

Cool!

Rainmaker said...

Cool. The Girl did a similiar quilt last year, pretty cool. Though...yours takes the take on pure size alone.