Monday, December 8, 2008

More slacking...

I've slacked this past recovery week. I really hurt my left ankle on Thanksgiving night - getting out of the car I caught the heel of my shoe and it jerked my foot back. Ouch. I'm still hurting. Running 11+ miles two days later probably didn't help it, either. Oh well. I only ran once last week and nothing over the weekend. I will get back on track this week and see how it feels.

On another note, I am still slated to go down to WDW for the races January 10-11, but will probably back out of being "Goofy" and just do the half for a Donald. I hope to become Goofy in the future though. With my parents' health, specifically my father's I should cancel WDW all together, but we will see...

I will concentrate on a mid-February marathon like the rest of my team and go from there. I will stay local and plan to participate in the GW Birthday Marathon. I will sign up as soon as registration opens up.

On a positive note, I signed up for the Nations' Tri on 9/13/09, which will give me something 'easy' to train for after IMUSA on 7/26/09. I think going into the fall of 2009 I am going to work on my 5K times and do some Sprint Tris in 2010. I have some 5K goals and it would be fun to see what I can do...after I get the IM but out. :)

Here's to a new week!

No comments: