So, three days till the Army 10 Miler (ATM). I am really excited about this now because the weather forecast looks awesome! It has to be better than the heat wave of last year. Yikes!
This morning I had a great swim. My total swim distance was 1.42 miles. There was a really wacky set that kept you thinking: a 1000 yard swim, or 40 lengths of the pool. On lengths 3,6,9,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,39 were kicking on your back; lengths 4,8,16,20,28,32 were Z3/Z4 and we had to sight (for open water swimming practice); lengths 12,24,36 were all out hard; the remaining lengths were ‘cruising’ at Z2. It was FUN!
I have not been on my bike in several weeks now...maybe a whole month. Tonight I plan to go out for 30 minutes for an easy ride. And I also need to drag my son out since he has not been on the bike in a month either and he has a Sprint tri a week from Sunday (10/12). However, his running is up to speed with all of his Cross Country training! Saturday I plan to go for an easy 20 mile ride in the morning, before packet pick up for the ATM. Sunday I plan to catch the Metro at 6AM. I am really looking forward to this weekend!
Also, I think I am officially in marathon training mode now and am looking forward to that, too. I also want to 'commit' to ironing out the kinks in my strength training and my diet. That means I need to commit to doing both. By my diet I mean more of body fat reduction than weight reduction, but if I lose weight in the process too, then that is a bonus! I have fallen off the wagon in regards to strength training, so I now commit to doing my scheduled training. I need to get a countdown timer going for the countdown to Lake Placid!
No comments:
Post a Comment