Friday, September 5, 2008

No go...

OK, now it turns out my son WILL be racing on Saturday morning in his first high school cross country meet. (Weather permitting, of course...schools will make decision today on tomorrow's meet.) What with the weather situation and my son's change in schedule, I've decided to NOT participate in the Patriot's half. Not only that - he has a team dinner tonight, after that there is a Varsity football game that my other son will be dressed out for, and there is a team/parent dinner on Saturday. I've already figured that the money I'll save on the hotel cancels out the race fee. So while I feel kind of bad, I think it is the right decision for me. The RD is supposed to make the announcement by Noon what the status of the race is - whether it is a go, or modified, or perhaps cancelled. My son's race for Sunday looks to be OK though, so we plan to go down tomorrow night and I will be a cheerleader for him and other Z peeps on Sunday. It will be fun and relaxing, I think.

Now for the GREAT news! My name is FINALLY back on the participants on the IM USA site! I am so relieved! I was really worried. I mean, I'm sure it would all be OK in the long run, but I feel tremendously better actually seeing my name on the list. *whew*

I guess now I will just focus on the women's trail half marathon for next Saturday, then the Army 10 Miler...then my crazy marathon weekend in January. After that it is all about the IM. Though in getting ready for the Goofy Challenge I will in fact be building for the IM. I looked at last year's Team Z training schedules for the winter marathon preparation and modified the dates to get an entire training schedule for me that began this past Monday (9/1) and will take me through race day(s). Of course it had me racing the Half this Saturday...but I'll get over it.

Side note: There is a Sprint tri on October 12 in Richmond that involves a indoor pool (50M) swim. My son is interested in this race! I will have to get a time on him for the 400, but it is looking good - race is only 40% full.

No comments: