Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hurricane...Hanna?

Well, I now have confirmation on this weekends events and the fact that my son does NOT have to attend the cross country meet on Saturday. This is good as it means we can drive together to Williamsburg and I will not have to make the extra trip back and forth. All for the sake of racing though! It would have been worth it! :-) Now on to the weather...

In my last post I was looking ahead at what the weather may have in store this weekend. Could be perfect, could be hot, could be rainy. So, with Hurricane Hannah heading towards the east coast 'they' are currently predicting rain - 70% chance on Saturday - high 82; 15% chance on Sunday - high 91. I guess since this is my son's first tri (on Sunday) I'm glad he is having the lesser chance of rain. I would trade anything for him to have 'perfect' race weather. Oh well... I raced in rain at the Lake Anna Sprint, I guess I can do it again. LOL Of course this time it will be for a LOT longer. But really, what do I really have to complain about when all the Z peeps (IM racers and spectators alike) endured HOURS UPON HOURS of rain at Lake Placid in July?

Anyway, just three days till race day for me; four days for my son. I don't even know if it is wetsuit legal. Right now I can barely fit into my wetsuit, but I will bring it, just in case. My son could even wear it on Sunday if he wanted. We shall see!!!! I will definitely be bringing my camera though so I can document his first official triathlon!

-------------------

Oh yeah, and I finally got to go and redo my entry for Ironman USA, but my name STILL is not on the list! I am going to have to bug the nice lady at NA Sports again, I think. *fingers crossed*

No comments: