Here I am after my first triathlon in June 2000 with my older son and my mom! Back then I was so happy to finish this race, the Breezy Point Tri - a sprint! Never would I have imagined then that I'd do an Ironman one day.
Let alone four!
Speaking of firsts... This weekend I'll be doing my first 5 mile open water swim with Carol! It is taking place in the James River in Midlothian, Virginia! We swim 2.5 miles to the bridge and back! I've swam more than 5 miles before. It was earlier this year on Mother's day, May 12. But it was in a pool and I got a break between each 100! Yup, Carol and I swam 100x100 yards, which is about 5.68 miles. It was fun! This time we will only get a break if/when we stop at the pontoon boat for water and gels. I'll probably be singing that Little Big Town song "Pontoon" in my head after that! What a GREAT song!
Tune in next week to hear about the swim and for the preview to my next first!
Happy and Healthy Training!!

No comments:
Post a Comment