Thursday, October 10, 2013

Race Bucket List...

Today I saw a blog post (Thanks, Heather!) which reminded me that I have a ‘race’ bucket list! Here it is, in no particular order. Well, that’s not true; it is in swim - bike - run - triathlon order!


There will be more… this list is evolving! I’d love to do a race in every state. And the distance does not matter – I’m ‘not one of those’ (haha just kidding)! I guess I need to do some race research. For the most part I’d like to do run races in every state. Although, a National swim event would be fun to plan for, or a century bike event that I could drive to. Of course, as a Half Fanatic, a fun half marathon would be the best thing to find. The distance is doable on a long weekend of travel and still be able to do something touristy while there. But a 10K (like the Bolder Boulder) or 5K would be worth it, too! If a race has a fun theme, I say why not!?

States I’ve raced in so far:

Arizona
California
DC
Indiana
Kentucky (thanks to the Flying Pig Half, I’m counting it!)
Maryland
New Hampshire
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Virginia
Wisconsin

I have a lot more states to go!

International Race Locations:

London, England

Clearly I need to work on my international locations!

Anyway, this weekend I am traveling to Canandaigua, New York for my FIRST Ultra running event! The Can Lakes 50K! I've raced in NY before: Ironman Lake Placid (twice) in Lake Placid (duh) and the Musselman Half Iron distance tri (once) in Geneva. This will be my first run-only event! I’m headed up with Team Rabbit and we will all be doing the 50K. However our friend and Rabbittear who wrote us an awesomepoem to entice us to run, will be doing the 50 miler! Go, Sally!!!!

Happy and Healthy Training!


No comments: