Tuesday, October 15, 2013

CanLake50k - check!

Last week was full of firsts for me! Well, actually just two...

A week ago I blogged about my first 5-mile open water swim, which was Sunday, October 6. I didn't mention it then, but this was a great event! If all goes well I plan to do this race again next year! 

This past Saturday, Saturday, October 12, I completed my first ultramarathon - The CanLake 50k - along with Carol. Pam also ran but she had previously entered ultramarathon territory when she completed the JFK 50 Miler in November 2011! You can read the Team Rabbit race report rap, here! I would definitely recommend this race for anyone looking to venture in the Ultra world! 


Ohhh, I'm (about) halfway there! 
Needless to say it was quite a day! And all in all I had a great time! We supported our friend Sally who was making her second attempt at the 50 mile distance. And she dug deep and did it! So very proud of her - what an accomplishment! I am truly in awe by those who did the full distance. Earlier in the year, Sally had 'invited' us to run this race by writing us the most awesome poem. You can read it here

All four of us were supported by THE best Sherpa (Handler in the Ultra-world) EVER! Our friend and teammate, P-Diddy! She ROCKED by being all over the course for us and taking lots of fun pictures to commemorate the event! So much FUN! Thanks, P!

Here is a successful Team Rabbit regrouped at the finish line! 


Happy finishers! 

Believe it or not I have a half marathon this coming Sunday! I may still be tired from my 50k effort but I'm super excited as I'll be joining my friend Lisa on her first half adventure and it will be my first race with my cousin Lynn. And her friend Marcy will be doing her first half as well! Fun will be had by all, I'm sure. And...there will be chocolate involved! Sweet!! 


Happy and Healthy Training! 



No comments: