Friday night was the Colonies Zone Short Course Yards Meet. Even though it was my third time at the Colonies Zone meet, it was my second time swimming the 1000Y. Last year I completed this event in 15:49.48; this year I completed this in 15:45.43! I was so happy! I was worried I would not even finish in the time I’d estimated, 16:00, due to taking several months off at the end of 2009. Now, if I actually DID get in the water three times a week, as opposed to two, I might see even MORE improvement! Anyway, the meet was fun as always. Team Z always makes a big impact. Thanks for being my lap counter, Priscilla! I returned the favor and counted for her and for Tracey right before her. And thanks for counting for me LAST year, Tracey!
On Saturday morning I ran 6 miles, starting at the Team Z meeting point and heading down a neighborhood street (hill) to the W&OD Bike Trail for a total of 3 miles, then back. The first three were I think at a very slight incline, so the way back was a bit easier. Until I got to the hill to get off the trail. Yikes. I still had a negative split, even with walking up a part of that neighborhood hill. I saw Maggie from Team Z coming and going. I also saw Kai (going) and Andrea and Cady (coming) as well as a few folks from Cancer to 5K. Then I went on my second Hash Run. This one was MUCH harder than my first. I think I was (1) worn out from my pre-run, and (2) the Hash Run was HILLY! OMG!! I was definitely at the end of the group. Thanks to Kate (one of the organizers) for hanging back with this small group to make sure we ended up back where we started. All in all I ran 10.17 miles!
Sunday was a 40 mile scheduled bike ride out of Southern High School in Harwood, Maryland with Team Z. However…since the Columbia Triathlon is (now) just three weeks and six days away I opted to head back down to Prince William Forest Park for the second time and ride there. I parked in the lower lot and rode to the same place we did the time trial loops (the loop is 7.2 miles long) on April 3 and did almost four complete loops. On the fourth loop instead of turning left at the stop sign to go back to the ‘starting point’ I just turned right and went back to the parking lot. The 2-ish mile ride back was hard. SO. HARD. Total mileage = 33.1. Then I changed into my running shoes, put on my run cap and did my 10 minute / .82 mile run. Note: I met my IMLP riding buddies (Pam, Carol, and Linda) there. I was hoping to ride the entire time with them. Haha – I could not keep up. They rocked and did 6 loops!
Sunday night I tried to again get back on the burpee bandwagon. But I’d had two beers before / during dinner (major shocker) so I only managed to do 14. I guess 14 burpees are better than none. Next time I should plan to do them earlier…or at least before drinking any beer.
This is a recovery week! Tonight I have a 20-40 minute ZONE 1(!) run…if I ‘want’ to. I also have my third Yoga class. No speed work this week, but I am ‘racing’ a 5K on Saturday with Team Z. This will be my third time running this 5K and will be my first stand-alone 5K since the Blue & Gray 5K. I’m excited! Except this is one darned hilly race on the Custiss Trail. Maybe all these hills lately will be a help…
Fun weekend highlight: Saturday night I went to see the Blue Collar Comedy Show at the Patriot Center with my boys and Jeff. Laughing feels so good!
Happy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment