Tomorrow is a big day – the first triathlon of the season – the Rumpass in Bumpass! Many of my Team Z-mates are down in Bumpass today for the Olympic distance race. I am doing the Sprint (750 Meter Swim, 12 Mile Bike, 5K Run) tomorrow. Yay!
I’ve put in a lot of run training over the winter and did some indoor spin training and just two outdoor rides. Oh well. Swimming was a lot of twice a week swims for the most part with a few ‘off’ weeks. So seeing as this race is a Sprint I’m sure I’ll survive!
However…this week leading up to the event I did basically nothing training-wise. Stress and other factors have really gotten in the way. I made one swim practice on Tuesday and that was it since last Sunday’s Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. Heck, I did not even do any burpees. And I’m sad to be behind on that. I will pick it up again next week. For those who have kept up with my Facebook status recently, it seems like this ‘landlord’ venture I was going to embark on is not going to be a reality. And that is ok… But now I have some thinking to do.
Back to Rumpass: Tomorrow morning I am meeting Marlene at a Starbucks so we can carpool to the race. We are both doing the Sprint and want to be back around the same time, so this is good. It will be quite nice to have company coming and going. Actually, it would be ‘going and coming’… And this weekend’s races have a ‘late’ start time, as far as any triathlon goes – 10:00 AM! At this early in the season though, with the Lake Anna water temperatures being a chilly 66 degrees currently, the later start time works out. Of course, 66 degrees means wetsuit legal! So, the late start times mean you can almost sleep in – even when traveling down to the race on race day! Yay again!
Back to training: I feel bad for not doing any training this week. I’m not nervous for tomorrow as much as I am for my event on May 23, the Columbia Triathlon, which is getting closer! Next week marks a new training week, and a recovery week, so I am going to hopefully start fresh. And make almost all the workouts. (Almost because I have a massage appointment on Tuesday after work…but maybe I will spin later on at home. Ha.) And add in those burpees. And boot camps (no boot camps on recovery week though)! And hill work (bike and run). And track/speed work. And that third swim a week. And…is there enough time in the week? Yes!
Happy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment