Friday, December 4, 2009

TGIF...

And I really am happy it is Friday. After have a short work week last week, only 3 days, coming back to 5 days was tough! I managed to run on Tuesday night - about 3.5 miles, I think. I did not run last night but plan to after work today. That is after I run an errand on my way home. I hope to get out of work by 3PM, and be home by 4:30...so I might actually get to run in the day light. What is left of it.

So, Sunday, I am currently planning to ride about 30 miles with Carol. And they are calling for the first snow of the season on Saturday beginning around dinner time. I have FUN plans for Saturday night - a toys for tots-type party at friends. This is their annual holiday event where everyone has to bring a new unopened toy. A lot of people bring bikes and we are bringing a bike AND a helmet (of course) for the first time. So the stupid snow had better not mess up our schedule!

And of course, I don't want to the stupid snow to mess up my Sunday ride. This will be the first time I wear my Ironman USA finisher's long sleeve bike jacket.

The jacket is red, white and blue and kind of looks like something Evil Knievel would wear. And when I wear my USA Triathlon bike helmet it just adds to the effect. Carol also has the jacket and we cannot wait to wear them!

So as much as I like SOME snow...I'd rather it wait a couple of weeks. Maybe on Christmas day actually, which conveniently falls on a Friday this year. Yikes - only 3 weeks away!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's funny. I totally THOUGHT it was an Evil Knievel jacket!