Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Year's Eve...

I am thinking of running a 5K on New Year's Eve. It starts at 4PM and is not far from my office. We usually close early on the eve of a holiday and I could just go from work. And I think a race is a good way to get my fitness New Year's Resolutions started! So...I have a few days to decide. Then it is all about planning the rest of my 2010 race calendar. Yikes!

So far for 2010, the main thing I have is in mid-May - the Columbia Triathlon, which I've done a few times before. I hope to do at least one Sprint race before that, hopefully with Team Z in April, assuming they go to Rumpass in Bumpass again. I will be rejoining them on April 1. (No foolin'!) If not, I could always plan to go on my own. Last year I missed out on the Virginia Run Sprint as I had to go out of town. I think that is the week before Columbia, so that would/could be a nice tune up to Columbia...we will see! I also need to find 5Ks for January and February. I have the Shamrock 1/2 Marathon in March.

On a positive note, my journaling is coming along...journaling of food and fitness, that is!

Happy December. Only 24 days till Christmas!

No comments: