...sidelined! I am back up and at 'em, so to speak, after my lovely sinus surgery. Not lovely, really, but so glad I finally did this. 'It' was a bit worse than expected and I'm told I'll finally feel like 'myself' (if I can remember what I should feel like) in about 6 weeks post-op. So, I'm going to take a workout break till then. I don't have any races on the radar screen anyway, except for that Turkey Trot I wanted to do...so that day I'll just cheer on my son, instead.
My procedure went very well but I've already been to about four post-op visits with him. Let's just say that...I'd rather go to the dentist!! OMG does it ever HURT...really, really painful.
Last Sunday I did go on a 3.1 mile walk for charity. I did the Maryland Race for the Cure with my cousins and my aunt and other family and friends. My aunt is a 3+ year survivor. Yay! It was kind of a chilly and damp day - I even saw SNOW on some cars - but I could not tell how many people stayed away because of the weather. I walked the entire way and really enjoyed it. Lots of survivors and family/friends out there. Pretty impressive and inspiring. Wow... I hope / plan to go again next year and see who else I can recruit. We want to do TEAM shirts, too. So much fun!!
It is not too late to donate. Click here if you are interested!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment