It was actually somewhat of an official kickoff weekend as I just so happened to have back to back races. I had already planned to run the Monument Ave 10K for the fifth time, when I got an opportunity to run the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, which I had not run since 2013. It could have been a bit more than I could handle, but I reasoned that my last several weekends of training that included a run on Saturday followed by a bike ride on Sunday would get me through it. I thought if I raced smart I knew that (1) I could do it, and (2) it would be a good training weekend.
And it did! I'd been doing a lot of hill training for this uphill 3.5 miler I have at the end of April and for Chattanooga 70.3 which is not flat. I've done two three hour bike trainer sessions as well as a couple of hill rides. I figured Sundays CB10 was my bike ride substitute last weekend. Though I do plan to ride or train hills tomorrow night.
As for this little thing called ultra training, I am now officially registered for the High Bridge Ultra 50K on October 7! Carol and Sally had registered for that last year, and I think Pam as well, when they got the opportunity to run another ultra they had been waited listed for. So they deferred High Bridge to this year. Last year I thought it sounded like such a fun race it was nice to have the opportunity to run it this year.
Anyway, April started off with a bang, race-wise. And it is going to finish with one as well! I have a busy month of races and training still to come:
- 04/08 - Super Saturday (A fun day of fitness in Pittsburgh!)
- 04/15 - 100 100s (It's tradition - a month early!)
- 04/22 - Richmond Tri Club Sprint (My warm-up triathlon!)
- 04/30 - Mt. Summit Challenge
- 05/13 - Cap2Cap 50 (A nice training day)
- 05/21 - Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga (My Spring A-race!)
Happy and Healthy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment