Thursday, June 2, 2016

When did that happen?

June got here quickly! When did that happen?

But first, I got a surprise email the other day. Remember when I ran the Annandale Atoms 5K? Well you may not, because I did not blog about it. It was on a windy Sunday - May 15. My rabbit friends were running a half marathon that very same day! You can read the Team Rabbit recap rap, here.



Anyway, back to the 5K... as it was windy and chilly, and since I did not run a spectacularly fast race (though I did negative split), I headed home right after I'd finished. But I should have stayed for the awards because it turns out I not only was 3rd out of 9 finishers in my age group (50-59), I got a medal!
Surprise Award Medal!
I think this is the third time this has happened to me! Which, since things happen in threes, this probably won't happen again. But you never know!

Happy and Healthy Training!

Next Up: Run with Dad 5K (hopefully!)

No comments: