Today makes just 12 days till IMMoo! I can't believe it has been almost year since we were out there to cheer and volunteer! What a fun time that was!
This morning I nearly missed swim practice at Providence because I was just too tired to get up. If I could have going to practice this evening at Audrey Moore I would have slept in. But since Audrey Moore is closed for the annual maintenance I dragged myself out of bed and eventually out the door and got into the pool 10 minutes late and then got out 9 minutes early. So no extra yardage this morning! Thursday my schedule says I can sleep in if tired. I think I was early for that. So I guess now there's always Thursday for a 'redemption swim'!
Tonight I'll be putting together some of my transition bag that's going to go on the truck out to Madison with Trixie. I have had this bag for a couple-few years (can't quite remember how long) but until recently I did not know that the bottom unzipped for more space! Now I have extra room to stash my wetsuit and won't need to drag that on the plane with me. In addition to my wetsuit I will fill it with my bike shoes, helmet, maybe my running shoes, bottles, race day clothes and accessories, maybe some nutrition stuff.
Tomorrow after work I have a bike ride - all zone 2 except for two hard and fast hill repeats. And what good timing - as I just learned of a new hill to ride so this will be perfect! I only wished I'd met this hill sooner during training because I'd definitely have gone up it more. Then it's finalize the transition bag!
Thursday morning I have my 'redemption swim' and previously mentioned. Then Thursday after work it will be time to bid farewell to Trixie. But she will get to ride on a truck with Sheila and Jezebel, so she won't be lonely. And we (Team Rabbit) will all be reunited in Madison, Wisconsin on Friday, September 6th!
Friday evening I'll meet up with Kathy for a long overdue coffee at Starbucks. Now, I know I said I'm not doing Starbucks till after Ironman, but this is different. I'll probably just have a tall, skim, decaf latte and include it in my 'dinner' for the night. Kathy and I typically meet once a month for coffee but it has been a while. Of course we have been meeting almost weekly on Wednesdays at the track for speed work or whatever run workout we have.
Saturday will be just a 5 mile run and Sunday a one hour zone 2 bike ride. I can't decide if I want to ride my mountain bike around Lake Accotink or try out my old road bike and see how it feels to climb a hill in the granny gear... Saturday I need to do my run early because afterwards I'm going to go with Carol and a few others - with our dogs - to the Virginia Scottish Games and Festival! Now normally I would probably never have gone to this because I'd actually never had heard of it. But my cousin and her husband will be down for it because he will be playing the bagpipes in a couple of competitions! How cool is that? I've always loved the bagpipes and regret not buying this kit to learn to play them one time when I was up in Vermont. Oh well. There are a lot of activities and there's a fiddle tent and fiddling workshops. I wonder if I should bring my fiddle?
Anyway, I cannot BELIEVE (my favorite word) that it is nearly Moo time! Yikes!
Happy and Healthy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment