Well, today is T-10 days till the BIG day – the Marine Corps Marathon. Yikes! I’ve been ‘trying’ to following my training plan this week and so far, ‘eh’. Let’s go back to Saturday.
So, the ‘plan’ called for a 12 mile run at 10:38. I did 12 miles at 11:07. Given my 2 week unscheduled break AND my sore heel this is what I ended up with – and I’ll take it. However, Sunday I managed to go out and run another 3.5 miles at 10:48 with NO heel pain then I swam 3000 meters in a little over an hour. I skipped the Monday run as my heel was again sore (I think it was my work shoes) and went on Tuesday instead and all things felt ‘ok’. I had also worn different shoes to work that day. I skipped my tempo run last night – 5 miles total with 3 at tempo of 9:06 in favor of resting. I was tired and my heel hurt again which was weird because yesterday I stayed home from work – because the plumber was there doing important stuff! Anyway, today the heel feels OK, but I may hold off till tomorrow morning, when I will be home till about 10:15AM at which time I will take my son to a follow-up doctor appointment.
OK --> I was bummed the other week because I had bronchitis. Well...my high school senior son has pneumonia. Bummer. Major bummer. Next week is the last week of the grading period, plus this week - tonight in fact - is the last 'tune-up' race for cross country. Next week is the District Tournement and he is supposed to go as an alternate...
Anyway, regarding my heel: my running shoes now feel great – new shoes, new inserts! I’m really having problems with my work shoes. I’m not wearing heels (Carol!), just regular-type shoes I wear with pants. I’m not sure WHAT about them is bugging it. Oh well, I will get this figured out!
All in all I’ve felt ok with my workouts since Saturday. I can’t believe that as of tomorrow I’ll be in single digit days left till race day! I’m actually excited! I mean I’m nervous about my heel, but still excited about the race. And I’m looking forward to the expo! I’m just trying to stay very positive in general. If my heel is bad after the race, and even if it is not, I will most likely see about getting it looked out. I have so much I want to do and it will certainly be ‘easier’ (which is relative) if the heel feels better! I’m trying to figure out my 2011 race calendar! So far this is what I’ve got:
03/19/2011 – Shamrock ‘Whale Challenge' – 8K on Saturday
03/20/2011 – Shamrock ‘Whale Challenge' –Marathon on Sunday
05/01/2011 – Flying Pig HALF Marathon
Hopefully some Team Z races!
Then, if I get in:
11/20/2011 – Ironman Arizona
I also plan to take a road trip to Lake Placid in July with Carol and who knows who else. I want to volunteer (and cheer) and sign up for Ironman Lake Placid for 2012. And looking further at 2012, I want to become Goofy in 2012! But...I just found out it is still open for 2011...
Happy and Healthy Training!
1 comment:
AWESOME - another IMAZ!!!
I can't do MCM (see my blog) so I'm thinking about Goofy.
Have a great race at MCM and I hope your son feels better soon!
Post a Comment