It has been two weeks and a day since my last run, when I made the decision to 'abandon' the #36DaysofAwesome run streak challenge. I was really sad to have a sore ankle and bummed to not run. However, I know it was the right choice. Today my ankle feels almost normal again!
In two days - on Christmas Day - I plan to go for a very easy, short run to start my day. I have the Fairfax Four Miler on my schedule the evening of December 31 and plan to run that easy. Though originally my plan had been to go for a course PR! I still plan to do the Resolution Race the next morning, though I have not yet made a decision on whether or not to do the 10K or downgrade to the 5K. By the way, you can see Team Rabbit rocking their ears on the Resolution Race registration information page, here! After my Christmas morning run I'll decide. There's no sense in overdoing things so soon, seeing as I am coming off a sore ankle. I need to look at the bigger picture and my Spring "A" race on March 28 and Fall "A" race on September 13!
Best wishes for a fun and safe holiday.
Happy and Healthy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment