Carol and I biked the Cap2Cap Century on Saturday out of Richmond. It was a flat-ish 100 mile loop that also overlapped the same loop for folks starting at our halfway point. Kind of cool! There were aid stops about every 10-15 miles and we hit all but two of them. At some point after the halfway point I had some cramping and regretted forgetting my salt tabs. But I got a banana at one of the aid stations then advil at another and amazingly my cramping went away! I finished strong and felt like I could bike more - say 12 miles more - if I needed to! I was a teeny bit nervous as my longest ride this year had been 57 so that was quite a jump. But I had a lot of base from the off season and we really just took it aid station by aid station. It was a lot of fun and I'd definitely do this ride again!
![]() |
| Maddie the Bunny motivates me on my 100 100s quest! |
And... This weekend I'm supposed to run 13 miles. So I signed up for another half marathon! Why not? According to Team Rabbit there's always room for another race!
Happy and Healthy Training!

No comments:
Post a Comment