Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Race Report: Marine Corps Historic Half

This race was a last minute add to the schedule for me and Carol. Then, Carol got sick! Oh no!!! (That's usually my job! lol) Pam was off racing Ironman Texas (she rocked it by the way), so in Team Rabbit style I wrote a race recap for our blog, which I've copied and pasted below!



Me and My 5K Friend Post Race - Lovely Backdrop!
Last weekend the girls from Team Rabbit were all scattered.
'What’s Up, Doc' kicked butt at IM Texas; she wasn't shattered!
Sadly, 'Silly Rabbit' was down a little with the flu,
So what was the other Rabbit to do?
Well the plan called for 13 miles; no eating bonbons!
So 'Energizer Bunny' ran the Historic Half Marathon!!
Again up before the crack of dawn...
To meet her 5K friends for a ride; we all yawned.
Headed down I-95 to the race destination.
Fredericksburg, Virginia was the start location!
Once there we went our separate ways.
I stayed put while they were shuttled away.
A Howitzer was fired to begin the event!
It was loud and smokey and off we all went!
The first few miles went basically downhill!
I went my fastest then; it was a thrill!
Ran into IMMoo teammate Michele around mile 4,
We chatted a lot and I was not bored!
We kept up a pretty good running pace.
The miles ticked by in this fun road race!
Got to where they started the 10K;
Then I could sing because we were over half way!
Next it was where they started the 5K group,
And took a short break so we could re-group!
Next up was good old hospital hill...
Thankfully I didn’t need to stop for a pill!!
The road kept going up and up and up!
It was kind of tough; Suck it up, Buttercup!!
Finally it flattened with a mile to go.
Back under a huge American flag, you know?
The road curved and I could see the finish line ahead.
I started to sprint because there was beer they said!
Then I got my biggest finisher medal to date!
Didn't knock my rabbit ears off when they put it in place!!
Caught up with my 5K friends a short time after.
A visit to Krispy Kreme made the ride home faster!
The Marine Corps Historic Half was really well run
There was on-course entertainment too, so that was fun
So while the Rabbits were all spread about.
I sent lots of Bunnergy* to my teammates, no doubt!

*Bunny Energy

Next up:
Rabbitman!
One Mile Bay Challenge

No comments: