Friday, April 1, 2011

I ran...

Wednesday night I had a dreaded elliptical workout on the schedule. But as usual for the past 6 or so weeks I've had class. I was not up to elliptical-ing after. So I went home and chilled.


Yesterday I *only* had a swim workout on the schedule and was planning to swim in the evening with the JCC Masters. So last night when I got home from work I had lots of time so I decided to try out my foot. I suited up (so to speak) and put the leash on my pup and we both went out for a 1.5 mile run.


My plan was to do the loop around my half of the neighborhood. I took it nice and slow because (1) I'm trying to be nice to my foot; and (2) my dogs never gone for a run before. Well, she runs around the yard, and we walk her on the leash, but this was different.


Early on she got excited to see some neighbors and promptly peed. Good doggie - right in the street! After saying hello and such we were on our way. About 1 mile in she had to do #2. Thank goodness I remembered bags! After she was done and I cleaned up we were once again on our way.


Towards the end we came upon a man walking a slightly smaller dog. She was very interested in them! That was the only time she was kind of veering away from me. So I moved to the other side of the street. We really got into a nice groove overall. She occasionally wanted to stop and smell a tree or utility pole but a gentle tug and a "No" and she continued on. We did not get tangled or anything.


All in all I thought she did very well. And so did my foot/heel. I did warm it up before the run - I'm hoping that helped. This morning I spent a lot of time before work using the foot wheel, as well. Right now it feels, well, normal. Or what normal has been. I feel it, but it doesn't hurt. Today marks exactly ONE MONTH till the Flying Pig Marathon weekend where I plan to run and/or walk the half marathon!


TGIF!


Happy and Healthy Training!!


Pig fun!

No comments: