Thursday, February 25, 2010

My weekend...

My weekend is not starting early, as I had originally planned. I was supposed to be off tomorrow and heading out of town to New Hampshire to ski/snowboard with my cousins. Needless to say, this will not be happening. I will be at work tomorrow. But maybe this is a good thing. I'm sick with another sinus infection as confirmed by my ENT on Monday afternoon. *sigh* So, spending the day outside on the ski slopes probably would not have been a smart thing.

I have now not worked out in over a week...unless you count the boxes I've moved and shifted and carried. We are prepping my dad's old house to be a rental property and there's lots to be done. And now it seems I'll have this weekend free to do lots more work over there.

This afternoon I hope to get a little/easy run in - outside if it is not too windy or cold. But there is always my trusty, old treadmill. Which is in the basement of my house. Which may have mold issues. Which may be the cause of my sinus problems. But I am looking into diet changes, too... And I will have someone out to test the basement. Just in case. So where was I? Oh yeah, I hope to swim on Sunday morning and get a long run in this weekend. I think I'm only supposed to go about 11 miles. I'll be happy if I get 8 miles in. And maybe I'll spin using my new tri bike shoes that arrived on Tuesday. I fitted the cleats to them last night and they are now ready to roll. Or to help me roll. In place.

Anyway, I have not settled on a race for June yet. I have a ? by one that is a team Sprint tri race. And it is a long way away. But I am sort of thinking about doing a somewhat local 10K that day. The Zooma Women's Race Series. There is a Half Marathon or 10K option. The 10K is two weeks after Columbia and I was going to be training for that distance (10K) anyway. So...I think I might sign up. Plus, I have only done I think two stand-alone 10K's and this event looks like it would be a lot of fun. And I always say (to myself) that I want to do the Pikes Peek 10K in Rockville, but every year I don't. Of course, this event probably is not a downhill event like that one.

Wow - only 3 weeks and 3 days till the Shamrock Half!

Happy Training!

No comments: