Today is like Friday to me. That is, after I leave work today my weekend starts. That is because i have a L-O-N-G weekend ahead. That's right! Tomorrow morning at 9:25 my train leaves the station. Literally. I am going to New York City for the weekend with 5 other ladies. We are the "Moms on the Run." We came up with this name, or MOTR for short, because our husbands and significant others were giving us grief for going away. In fact, they tried to stop us by picketing us at our planning party, I mean meeting. Yup - they rang the doorbell, walked in, and tried to crash the party.
One of the ladies has a time share of sorts right in NYC...and I think we are going to have a blast! Thursday night we are seeing "Wicked." I have heard it is excellent, so I am looking forward to it.
We all wanted to go stand outside where they tape the "Today" show. Somehow we thought it would be fun to wear matching t-shirts. These are the shirts we'll have on on Friday morning. My DVR is already set to tape the show...just in case we are ON!
Friday night is dinner at an Italian place - not sure of the name at the moment. Saturday morning is a girlfriends spa package. No other set plans at this time. I had wanted to run a 4 mile race on Sunday morning in Central Park (our hotel is across the street apparently) but Tuesday I checked and the race is full. Bummer. That's what I get for procrastinating. Sunday we return home in the afternoon on a bus called 'Vamoose'.
Anyway, I'm very excited. I'm ready to go NOW. Funny, I'm getting out of work for at least an hour and a half to take my younger to the orthodontist....too bad his appointment wasn't later...then I wouldn't have had to come back. Hmm, better planning for next time is in order, I think.

1 comment:
Wow, sounds like an AWESOME trip!
I used to work at an NBC station (thus, had to watch the Today Show every morning), and my professional opinion is that matching shirts can only help your cause to be on tv!
Post a Comment