Thursday, February 26, 2009

VO2 Max...Not!

Well, yesterday I had a VO2Max test done on the bike - my first. I guess I am a bit disappointed in the results, but hey - I probably shouldn't be given my lack of TIS (time in saddle)! This of course encourages me to get my BIS (butt in saddle) more often! But the best thing is that now I know WHERE I need to train, zone-wise. I used the '10 below' my run z2 range prior to this, but now need to go a bit lower...ahh.

So now I'm freaking a bit - not knowing HOW I am going to climb some hills without getting of my bike and flat up walking up the hill so I don't get too far out of zone... And I have a LOT of hills to climb in the next several months! We also discussed the options of (1) replacing my gearing in the back, or (2) going with a triple in front. For now I decided to just train more (than I have been) then in a couple of months re-evaluate my hill climbing ability in z2. At that time I may do option 1 or 2...

The test aside, I've been sick (sinus infection - I think) for over a month. I'm not sure how much this affected the outcome of my test, but probably not THAT much. I'm going to my doctor on Tuesday (yay), so hopefully after that visit I will be on the road to getting rid of this CRUD!

After the test I had some adjustments done to my bike so it fits better. I'm very excited to get out on it this weekend! Of course they are calling for sprinkles, but I can ride in sprinkles if I need to. I really want to get out on the road, darn it!

Positive note 1: Today's swim seemed much better than Tuesday's - that was good. Maybe it was the 1/2 can of Diet Pepsi before hand? Or not... We did not go as far, total distance wise, but I felt better. Now, if I can just get back to the pool Sunday night, I will be very happy. That would make two Sundays in a row!!

Positive note 2: I've scheduled my run VO2 Max re-test!

No comments: