Well, it's Monday again. I managed to get some training in over the weekend, though not what was on the schedule. In fact, I did no training on Saturday at all...
On Saturday I got up very early, after a long night at the Wrestling Districts the night before - when I left at the end of the night's events the Atoms were in 3rd place. Unfortunately my son did not advance to any semi-final rounds. I think his illness from last month did not help. He really was pretty sick there for a while. Oh well...I think my son was happy-he had an OK season, considering. The Annandale Atoms took 3rd overall in the District. First on Saturday I dropped my one son off for the Indoor Track Districts - the bus was leaving at 6:30 AM. Then I dropped my other son back off for Wrestling Districts - he was there to assist and cheer on his teammates. After that, I headed to the Track meet...and what a meet it was. It was a close race for the boys - between Annandale and Hayfield...in the end Annandale prevailed! My son did not place, but he did have a PR and took 2.26 seconds off of his 1000 time, so he was happy. He even ran through some leg cramps, so imagine what he could have done if that had not happened. The boys team took a victory lap around the field house and seemed quite pleased with themselves.
On Sunday I got up and relaxed and watched some movies. Around 11:00 AM I finally got my bike ready and got dressed and went for my first bike ride in a long time. I tried out my new saddle, too - loved it! It is the same as my old but lighter, and a different color (white as opposed to black). It gives my bike a whole new look. Next will be new handle-bar tape in yellow to bring out the tiny bit of yellow on my otherwise blue and white bike. After my easy 1-ish hour ride I had lunch and watched another movie. Around 3:30 PM I changed into running clothes and drove my truck (the extra vehicle) to my dad's house, a little over 2 miles away. I ran home... I had a light dinner and then at 8:30 PM went for a swim. My plan is to swim every Sunday night - I want to work on form and stroke mechanics. Hopefully some good will come of this!
Six days till the GW marathon...Interesting, my initials are the same... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment