Monday, January 11, 2016

2015 in Review

I posted the Year of Running aka Racing last week. I almost forgot to the review of ‘mileage’! Here is is:


2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
 swim 
127
140
182
110
95
 bike  
591
573
1440
997
1029
 run 
242
342
390
393
261
 brick 
3
83
382
233
350
 race 
103
136
304
268
130
 other 
31
87
33
21
80
 total 
1097
1361
2731
2022
1945


You can definitely see that I was not training for anything major last year! This is ok though, as I’m tired and needed a break. I had a good training year, up until I hurt my left heel, just before Halloween. For the most part my heel is back to normal and I am running a little bit again. I do have a half marathon next month (3 weeks and 6 days from now) but I realize I will need to take it easy that day and plan to walk/jog my way to the finish and have a fun experience. I will be running on the Daytona International Speedway, so that is guaranteed!  

After the Daytona Half I will transition to a 10K training plan for another go at the Monument Ave 10K. It will be my fourth time down there. Super fun event!

I had a decent amount of swim miles last year, despite taking a swim break after September 30. I’ve only been in the pool a few times since then to give my shoulder a little break. Total yards for 2015 was 223627!

I had a surprising number of bike miles – it even went up from 2014. My only triathlons were the Rock Hall Sprint in May and the Reston Oly in September. I did two charity rides – one in May and one in October and one nutty cycling event in September. It was a good biking year!

My run mileage was pretty low. But as I was only training for short distances, this isn’t too bad. My longest race was in October but all the others were 10K or less. I’m looking forward to a similar year of running in 2016.

The other miles were a little mountain biking and some walking. So the mtb miles did not increase. Oh well. I did get out there a little, but not too much. Maybe if I had not gotten into CrossFit that would have been different? I will probably still get a few mtb miles in this year.

And finally I had 103 race miles!

Speaking of CrossFit, I typically do a short run (400 meters) before most class as part of a warm up. I do not track these miles. Maybe in 2016 I will do this – just for fun. Sometimes I row as part of CF. I did a timed 5K and another one just for fun. Maybe in 2016 I’ll track my row distances, too!

This Sunday I hope to knock out my first race of the year: The Celebrate Community 5K

Happy and Healthy Training!

No comments: