Monday, March 26, 2012

Annandale Atoms 5K!

My kids' old high school (Annandale High School) is putting on a 5K on Saturday, May 19th. The Atoms 5K! It should be fun and supports the athletic programs and college scholarships!! Click here to register! I am going to run with a friend, Heather, who will be doing her very first 5K ever! She is awesome and recently quit smoking as well. You go Heather!! I'm very excited to cross the finish line with her! She is also an Annandale HS alum!

This Sunday is the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler! I missed doing this race last year (1. I forgot to enter the lottery and 2. my foot - plantar fasciitis - would not have been ready for it anyway) so I'm very excited to do it again. Of course, I'm *still* tired from the Shamrock Marathon two weekends ago, but will have fun regardless. It is always nice to run around Washington, DC!

Then in just 2 weeks and 5 days the first triathlon of the season will be here: Rumpus in Bumpass International! Thank goodness I finally rode more than 18 miles on the bike. Yesterday I managed a 2 hour spin for a little over 27 miles. At least I know I can managed the 24 miles required...Maybe the weekend in between Cherry Blossom and Rumpus I'll actually get outside on my bike! Better yet, maybe I'll get a weekday ride outside...I have not been outside on my bike since November 20 back in Tempe, Arizona.

Happy and Healthy Running!

No comments: