Tomorrow I will be going a l-o-n-g way. It is my first 70.3 distance of the season. And only my fourth ever! I have one more coming in July and more than likely a second in October. All in preparation for the BIG day: 11/20/11...aka Ironman Arizona! And that is in 190 days. *gulp*
Anyway, back to tomorrow. It will be a long day, but a long training day. It will be my first time to practice some things going into the season. Specifically nutrition! And of course my heart rate zone. It will also be my second ride on what I've decided to call, Trixie:
So tomorrow, in the rain most likely - what else is new where the team is concerned, I'll join several hundred other crazies for the Kinetic Half! This will be a first time for me at this event. I was entered two years ago but had to skip due to a family emergency. The bike course has changed since then. Of course it doesn't matter to me since I won't know any different!
Now I have done the Kinetic Sprint twice. Once as an individual in 2008 - my first Z race (and in the rain I might add) and last year (2010) as the bike leg of a relay. I do remember having to run up a hill to get to transition. And biking up a hill to get out of transition. Other than that...I have not ridden 56 miles in quite a while. But since it is 'just' a training day, I'm not going to worry about that - or the weather - and just try to have fun! Besdies, afterwards I'm signed up for a great massage from Robin or one of her colleagues at FitProMassage AND I get my own personal pizza from Papa John's. And there will be other food. And drink...
Today happens to be Day 5 of my Diet Coke (DC) ban. I have tried off and on to quit the diet soda habit. I generally feel better when I do. I also need to make a few other nutritional tweaks and thought it best if I conquer DC first. So far, so good. And I am going to ignore the soda cooler tomorrow...
Happy and Healthy Training!

No comments:
Post a Comment