It's time to get my ShamROCK on! In just two hours I am off for the weekend and it will be fun! Tomorrow I will do the Shamrock 8K! However the pesky Shamrock Marathon (but probably not the Whale Challenge) will have to wait till 2012. I plan to have fun cheering on Jeff and my Z'mates and even riding my bike outdoors on Sunday! I even remembered my cowbell this time!
So, regarding the heel hell I've been in... I have not run since the 7.3 miles of the relay I did at the GW Birthday Marathon. The biking/spinning I've done has been good as has the swimming. The time on the elliptical has been a little like hell. For the past couple of months I've beeing getting some ART and seeing very little progress. But I think there is hope. Yesterday was a doozy of a day: my first acupuncture treatment, followed by some chiro and ART, followed by a much needed deep tissue massage, followed by a spur of the moment Kinesio taping of my plantar fascia by Steve at FastTrack for Saturday. (Thanks, Steve!) At the moment, my heel feels pretty good. Really. But I'm not totally holding my breath, just in case. :) Twenty-four hours from now I'll have completed my 8K...and it will be interesting to see just how my heel fares.
Update on Monday...maybe! (Translate = if there's time!)
Happy and Healthy Training!
1 comment:
I had to bump my registration to 2012 as well! I will also be on the course with my bike cheering on the Zers! Hope your heel feels better...I was just at Fast Track this morning for my ankle.
Post a Comment